Why Language Matters in Marketing

Let's talk about language, shall we? It's funny how a few words strung together can make or break our day. I mean, we've all been there - receiving an email that promises the world, only to open it and find out it's just another marketing ploy.

Take this recent email I got from Kobo, for example. The subject line read "New Kobo releases, just for you," and inside it said, "Picked just for you. We think you'll love these reads." Now, as a long-time Kobo member, I was excited to see what they had in store for me. But as I scrolled through the book selections, I couldn't help but wonder, "What gives? These books have nothing to do with my reading history."

See, here's the thing - I take people at their word. When Kobo tells me these books were "picked just for me," I expect them to align with my tastes. It's not just about marketing; it's about trust. On the flip side, when Netflix recommends something to me, it's usually spot on. They get me, you know?

Now, imagine if Kobo had titled their email "New and Recommended." I would've still checked it out, no disappointment involved. It's all about setting the right expectations with your words.

So, here's a little PSA to all the marketers out there - don't be lazy with your words. A little honesty and thoughtfulness can go a long way. No need for exaggerated claims or empty promises. People can tell when you're not being real, and it's a major turn-off.

The thing is, your choice of words matters. It can make the difference between someone giving your product a chance or scrolling right past it. So, why not choose your words with care? Show some integrity, and you might just win over your target audience.

In the end, it's simple - be genuine, be considerate, and watch the magic happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out these Marketing Resources:



TEHits4U

SubmitAds4Free

TrafficG Banner Exchange